The GCA Honor Society has been created to recognize GCA students in grades 10 through 12 who who display excellence in both academics and community service. Accepted students will have the privilege of listing this public recognition of their achievements in their transcripts.
The GCA honor society recognizes students who display excellence in academics, leadership, character, and community service. Students will have the privilege of listing this public recognition of their achievements on their transcript.
ACADEMIC: Academic eligibility is based on the student’s final grades from the previous year (2020-2021) AND the midyear grades from the current year (2021-2022).
- 90% or higher in at least two graded GCA classes
- 90% or higher in an honors level, core (math, science, OR English) class. The honors class must be EITHER one of the student’s two graded GCA classes OR a class taken through a college/university.
- 85% (B) or higher in ALL other classes (whether taken at GCA or elsewhere)
- A leadership position in school or the community (includes athletics, committee chair, etc.). If an office has not been held, the student may submit a letter of recommendation listing the leadership qualities witnessed by the recommender.
COMMUNITY SERVICE REQUIREMENT:
- Minimum of 20 hours of unpaid Community Service completed within the past 12 months.
- Student demonstrates the following six criteria: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and honesty. The student will not have a discipline record with the school for current year with consideration given on a case-by-case basis for previous incidents.